Friday, June 16, 2006

Be still my heart...

A few days ago, I received a phone call at work from a local "informant" (mom) who called to let me know that two of my sweet little nieces decided that they wanted to raise their very own money in order to buy a Father's Day present for their dad.
I was told they would have a little stand at the end of their driveway and she knew there would be rocks involved - and I should do my best to stop by and see what they had to offer :)
So during my lunch hour, cash in my pocket - I drove out to my brother's house in the country...and pulled up to their driveway, only to see this....


and this...


I told the girls that I was looking for special rocks to put in my garden, and Abby jumped up and shouted "We have some! You're our FIRST CUSTOMER!"

It was by far, the cutest thing I've ever seen...they were so creative...they were sitting there drawing special Father's Day Cards, so I of course bought one

Because how cool will be be for my own dad to get a card from his daughter MADE by his granddaughters? Very cool I'd say...

I also OF COURSE bought some beautiful rocks for my garden - since they'd worked so hard, and I love them - they are my favorite rocks..



They also made necklaces and since I've always wanted a lime green flowered necklace - I made an investment and sprung for one of those as well...


When I asked what they were trying to raise money for, Abby looked at me and said "The poor kids in the desert" - hee!

But then Keeley goes "No Abby....we're gonna by dad's present remember?"

and Abby goes "oh yeah...it's for dad! and the poor kids in the desert"

My goodness, do I love those girls!

Every time a car would drive up the road - my sister-in-law would yell "okay girls, look cute!"

I'm telling you, whatever they buy - even if it's crap...both Hubster and I agree that it'll probably be the most precious gift my brother will get this year...

Besides just having these 3 precious girls :)

No comments: