Thursday, July 01, 2010

Cold Front moving in...

Today is July 1st, which means it's the start of fiscal year, which means work right now is NUTS for me.  It's piled...high.  So last night, once the boy was in bed, I headed for my desk and buried myself in work.  Hubs headed for bed around 11pm, and I kept working.  Before I knew it, it was 3:15AM - crazy right?
Throughout that time, Adam woke up like five times, which was wierd because he never does that - unless he's teething or something is wrong.  Well, last night it seemed that he had bad gas pains because he was doing that squirmy thing and then he'd let out a huge fart and sort of groan and go back to sleep on my shoulder.  I finally climbed into bed at 3:30am, and since my brain was still going a million miles an hour, I read a couple chapters of a book and called it a night.
This morning I stumbled out of bed bleary eyed on barely 4 hours of sleep....and stood in front of my coffee maker for almost a full five minutes before I remembered how to use it.  I get stupid when I don't sleep.

Adam woke up shortly after that, and I walked into his room to find a kid with a full on runny nose, low grade fever, and a grumpy disposition with bags under his eyes.  20 minutes later, he's coughing and sneezing, and I kinda at that point had to admit that he probably has a cold.   Which...sucks because 4th of July is right around the corner and it'll be our first time taking him to the beach - so we better kick this cold's ass in the meantime.
I set him up on the couch all cozy like and told him to look poorly

and then he sat up and went all "CHEEEEZE" to prove that I'm a big giant exaggerator and really he's not that sick...

In fact later, he felt good enough to go all OCD and line up his trucks and cars...

and then his animals...

He really perked up later - and seemed to be fine except for a low fever, mild cough, and runny nose.   So keep your fingers crossed people!  Our 4th of July is supposed to be full of sand and smores and fireworks in the sky!!

No comments: