Tuesday, September 23, 2008
I'm literally scared because it's going to kick my ass, AND it's from 5:30 - 6:30 IN THE MORNING.
Clearly, I am insane.
My friend Kelli, who I met in birthing class (her daughter is a month older than Adam) called me up and asked me to sign up with her, so I looked into it...and it looks HARD.
But here's the thing - my 31st birthday is on September 30th and the class starts the following Monday - how's THAT for timing? I figure maybe I need a good start to my 31st year and even if it's gonna suck, I'll probably feel alot better once I get into it. I know that when I was walking daily on the beach, I always felt like I had such a good start to my day, not to mention that the exercise part was over with early.
So there you have it - my whole body hurts just thinking about everything it's going to go through, but hopefully I'll come out on the other side of this lighter...firmer...and feeling better about myself. I can't use the whole "I had a baby" excuse forever right?
I've struggled with my weight my whole life...and although I did lose the baby weight quickly - I still have a long way to go, so perhaps this will be the jumpstart I need.
OR perhaps it'll be just enough to combat all that holiday food that I usually stuff my face with in the next few coming months.
For whatever reason, I'M DOING IT...and I'm terrified...hahahaha
Friday, September 19, 2008
Do you giggle and comment on the great works of Michelangelo?
Do you chuckle and remember a certain episode of Sex and the City?
Do you make dirty jokes with Alison while laughing your ass off all the way to your car?
Do you get home and show your husband who cracks up and pulls the whole "Chandler from Friends" scene of too many jokes...can't take the pressure!
Do you "whip it out" during dinner for your brother to observe and make fun of?
Do you do all of the above and then wonder how in the hell you'll ever be able to actually EAT the darn thing?
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Well today, my dad came over for dinner (my mom is out of town galivanting with friends) and he was holding Adam in his lap, and I was tickling and making him laugh when I inadvertently got my finger caught in his mouth which he immediately latched onto and started gnawing away. And that's when I felt it...the little ridge of TOOTH sticking out of his bottom gum. DUDE - the boy is not even 5 months old yet and he's already getting a tooth? Is that normal?
He's been cramming anything and everything he can get his hands on into his mouth, so I've been freezing washcloths and teethers like crazy - but everyone has been telling me that's just the way it goes at this age...it doesn't necessarily mean he's actually getting a tooth.
but HELLOOO - there is a tooth in there!
It's allllll making sense now...
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
- Adam weighs exactly 15 pounds
- He likes to hold his own bottle now
- He's VERY ticklish
- He either sleeps through the night or wakes up once around 3:30 or 4am
- He's still sleeping in the cradle next to me - but we're gonna transition him to his crib in the next week or so
- He loves his exersaucer, his activity mat, veggie tales, and all our pets
- He's a major chatterbox and has ALOT to say
- He's waaay more serious around other people than I anticipated my kid would be
- He loves books and loves being read to
- He loves baths and water in general and toooootally digs showering with one of us (great way to calm him down if he's fussy)
- He can out-burp and out-fart us both...very impressive
- He's fascinated with whistling
- He has a massive noggin...90th percentile...I think I literally gave birth to Charlie Brown
- He HATES the vacuum - screams his bloody head off
- He grabs at everything - I now understand why mom's chop off all their hair
- He usually stops smiling when he sees the camera, so I have to take the opportunity when other people are here
- He's very suspicious of other people...he stares and studies for a while before breaking out in a smile
He's an awesome little man - and I can hardly remember life without him :)
(almost five months old...and sorry - I can't figure out why this picture won't turn the right way)
Joanna posed a few questions for me, so I figured I may as well answer them on here...
What's marriage encounters???????
Okay, this one is going to take some explaining. Marriage Encounter is basically a weekend retreat on a ranch, designed to help couples learn how to communicate with each other. My parents have been involved for a looooong time, and my brother and I pretty much grew up with a bunch of other kids who's parents were involved as well. It's a really fun group of people - and I know my parents are really passionate about it and say it's helped them stay married and in love. Hubs and I decided "what the heck" and went on a weekend back in May of 2007. We were both really apprehensive at first, especially being the youngest people on the weekend - but we stuck it out and by the end, we were really glad we'd gone. Well, they recently had an anniversary weekend (for couples who've already been on a weekend) and they wanted perspective from a younger couple...and since we're in the thick of it, having been married less than 10 years, and a new baby and all...they asked us to do a presentation. I simply HAAAATE speaking in public, so I said no - but after some convincing and telling us that we could videotape it so I wouldnt' have to be there in person, I caved and we did it. It ended up being a really perfect time for us to have to write about our marriage and answer questions about our expectations when we first got married, versus the reality of it all - mainly because as some of you know, having a baby can really put the marriage on the backburner...it kind of reminded us that we need to keep our relationship first and foremost.
Anyway, that's pretty much the gist...feel free to email me if you have any questions!
-Yea for the new couch, we're on the hunt for some new ones too
Since I'm pretty sure you asked once before where we found the couch...we ended up at a ware house in SLO on Broadstreet...just down from Longs. But Weatherby's in SM has some good deals too - that place was probably next on our list.
Carrie: holy crap those cupcakes are awesome, by any chance to you do sugar cookies?????
I can certainly ask her! Do you mean like the flowers only in cookie form? The flowers were made out of pressed fondant...I can't believe she can do all that stuff - but I have yet to find something she CAN'T do. And she's a homeschooling busy mother of THREE, so I have no idea where she finds the time...
Let me know the details and I can ask :)
Monday, September 08, 2008
- We put an offer in on a house in GB....after several counteroffers back and forth, we finally got one accepted.
- Went into escrow, got the inspection done, discovered the place was a "pile"
- Submitted request for repair on all section 1 safety issues...seller refused - we pulled out of the whole thing at the last minute
- Disappointed, but the whole situation was a bit stressfull - so glad it's over and obviously the place wasn't meant to be
- Went to San Francisco to visit with hub's family and attend a pool party for oldest neice Audrey's 7th birthday
- Which means AJ had his first swimming pool experience - he loved it!
- We also had hubs's sister and brother in law birthdays this month, so we squeezed that in while we were up there
- Life is much different traveling with a little one...so many things to remember to bring!
- Hubs, myself, my brother and sister in law...planned a surprise party for my parents 40th anniversary - and we actually succeeded in surprising them! It was awesome.
- The day before the surprise party, our boy came down with his first actual cold
- Which came with an ear infection a week later
- He woke up almost every hour during the night for 3 days straight and it sucked major donkey balls
- He's on antibiotics now and doing much better, but still has a cold...
- Our new couch arrived - LOVE IT
- The house in front of us became empty and my landlord offered to pay me commission to show it and help her with the details since they live out of town...the place was left NASTAY by the previous tenant...to say the least (I'll have to do a slideshow, you all will be SHOCKED)- so it's been a flurry of worker bee's and potential renters over the last week or so
- Work has been busy since school started so my days have been full of phone calls and customer needs and of course BABY needs :)
- Hubs and I did a 30 minute videotaped presentation called "Why did we get married?" for Marriage Encounter - it was nervewracking as hell, but it went over really well with everyone who saw it. Glad to be done with that.
- Adam ROLLED OVER for the first time a few days ago...he's only done it a few times since - but I feel like this is his first big step before crawling, and at that point, my life as I know it will be over.
- The boy is almost FIVE MONTHS OLD and I can't even believe that I just typed that
In the pool with daddyItty Bitty Hawaiian print swim trunks...could you just DIE? Look at that belly!
Carie's masterpiece...Aaron made the cake stand - and she busted her butt making all those cupcakes
And the gorgeous top layer...amazing isn't it?
That would be my parents shoving cake in each other's faces...I was so proud!
Old Couch...(it's microfiber, so looks wierd in this picture)
Poor sick baby on the old couch....
New Couch...reclining heaven...
Poor sick baby on the new couch...
Still good for a smile though!