Saturday, September 25, 2010

For Kelly...

Ms. Kelly asked about naps.  WELL.  I have to say the boy is currently sleeping in his bed as I type and it's 3pm in the afternoon.  But I cheated.
I ran errands and drove around until the drunk eyes became closed eyes.  Then I transferred him to his bed and he let out a big sigh and rolled over and went right back to napping.  This is the first nap he's taken in the last 5 days.  I honestly don't see me putting him in bed during the day and him actually falling asleep, but Lord knows I'm still gonna try!   These days I will at the very least give him a stack of books and tell him it's "quiet time" - and he'll usually be good for an hour or so.
So yeah, it's all a big crapshoot for us napwise.  I always HOPE for a nap - but 9 times out of 10, he doesn't do it.  And with this whole bed thing?  ShYEAH, so not happening.  Unless I want to drive around for an hour everyday and pray that I can get him from the car to the house without the dog barking, the cat meowing, the phone ringing, the screen door banging, or me tripping over the 832 toys on my living room floor.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks for the update. =)

Naps here at home are so much more difficult than daycare. There she just rolls right over and falls asleep. She's got our number, that's for sure.

Somehow they just know that mom and dad are way more fun than sleeping.

Good luck with trying the naps this week with the new bed. The days of containment are gone. =)