Wednesday, June 29, 2005

All about the hair...

I'm just gonna say it...

Hubster has a bald spot.

Many people in our families feel the need to point this out to him, but he's in complete denial and so we just don't talk about it.

About a week ago, hubster informed me that he was going to grow his hair out. I just snorted at him and said "shyeah right, that'll be the day" - mainly because he very often tells me things like this and rarely if ever, actually follows through. He once said he was going to grow his goatee for a whole year, just to see how long it would get...

He last about a month (which to be honest, was longer than I thought he would last).

The thing about hubster is that he's positively ANAL about his hair. He gets it cut every two weeks or so and never goes anywhere without his precious bottle of LA LOOKS (can you say 80's???) styling gel. He even carries one in his car...yes, yes he does.

So it's probably going on 3-4 weeks since he last had a hair cut. He had taken a shower right after he got home, so his hair had no product in it for most of last night. I was laying in bed reading and he was in the bathroom brushing his teeth, and apparantly he decided to brush his hair as well. I heard him laughing and I looked up and he turned to me and goes "I'm not growing my hair out, I'm growing a FRO!"
and yes, he certainly is growing a FRO...for some reason, his hair is growing out really thick and puffy...except for you know, that spot in the back... so it's actually like of like a fro-mullet.

So I giggled at him and I said "well HELLO Mr. KOT-TER!"

He yelled "Shut up!" and proceeded to grab another mirror so he could see the back and the sides...

I was watching him as he was turning his head this way and that...and he stopped and looked at me and said "why are you staring at my fro?"

and I raised my hand and shouted "ooouuu-oooouuuu Mr. Kotter!"

He then frowned at me and slammed the bathroom door...while I collapsed on the bed with laughter.

He eventually came out and said that he just can't do it - he has to get a haircut...he's not into the FRO-MULLET that he's growing...

Excuse me a second...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I should have taken a picture, so I could share the hilarity of hubster's hair without the gel and in FRO-mode.

No comments: