Monday, February 20, 2006

I'm cold...

Some idiot from downstairs left the DOOR OPEN. We have a gate that locks going upstairs to our offices...but still, that door being open for who the heck knows how long...let ALL THE ICE COLD freezing air in...
Our office temperature gauge said it was 49 degrees in here this morning...
BRRRRRRRRRR - I'm huddled in my office with a scarf around my neck and a space heater cranked...pity me.

This weekend, the hubster and I really didn't do a whole lot. It was really nice to just be lazy and watch tv, or read books. I did a few loads of laundry - unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher....but other than that, we had a very relaxing weekend. Took a couple of drives, went out for breakfast - it was really nice.

It's really hard to type when you have stiff, ice-cold fingers...I'm just sayin.

Anyway, today I'm hoping to get off early because I have to brave the aisles of Walmart, and I'd much rather do it earlier rather than later. Of course being that today is President's day...it's probably crowded anyway. *sigh* - I hate shopping. I know it's like having a birth defect to some people...but I really hate it.

You know what else I hate? Those girls from high school that never change.
I remember there were certain girls from high school who NEVER looked bad. They never looked as if they just rolled out of bed and came to school with pillow creases still on their face. They always had flawless hair...flawless make-up...flawless outfits...flawless grades.
I used to glare at girls like that in class. While I was just struggling to stay awake...and putting my long hair up in a messy pile on my head...and of course most of the time wearing jeans and a t-shirt...or sweats...
So last week, I took a friend to the ER because she was sick...and of course I looked like hell - no make-up...hair in a messy pile...I got my "comfy clothes" on. (you know the comfy clothes...the ones you put on after you realize you don't have to go anywhere for the rest of the night...and the bra is off, and the shoes are most definately off) But I didn't care...who the hell was I gonna see at the ER?
And who do I see at the ER? But one of THOSE GIRLS from high school. Now, I know for a fact that this girl is a mother of 3 small children. And yet...
Flawless hair, flawless make-up...cute little matching outfit...hadn't gained an ounce since high school...not even after having 3 kids....blah, blah, blah
I glared at her with my mascara smudged eyes and had visions of myself walking up to her and messing up that perfect "do" - perhaps I'd catch a wrinkle or two on that face of hers. I of course figured if she saw me, she probably wouldn't recognize me anyway. My face and body are much puffier than they were in high school...

There is a part of me that just hates girls like that because they seem to have it all "together". But at the same time, I'm quite proud of the fact that I'm a REAL PERSON...and yes, my hair is in a pile...and I may be schlepping around in my COMFY clothes...but dammit, at least I'm comfy. At least other people can relate to me and I don't feel like I have to impress people.
I'm sure I could use a style make-over...for SURE I could...and I could definately get up earlier and actually DO my hair and make-up instead of piling the hair...and throwing on some mascara and calling it a day.
But then I'd probably end up glaring at MYSELF...hahaha

*edited to add - does this page look pea soup green to anyone else? Usually it's yellow, but today it looks pea soup green....gross...

No comments: