Monday, March 07, 2005

The Bamboo Stool Incident...

I have been reminded by a friend of mine, that I never did explain the "bamboo stool incident" that I mentioned in the toilet prank entry...

heh, okay - that just makes me laugh every time I think about it..

So anyway, hubster and I have one of those papasan chairs. It's one of those big-bamboo-satellite-dish-with-a-cushion-in-it type of chairs. I've ALWAYS wanted one of those chairs - but my ex never wanted me to have one. ( I know! how could I let someone have so much control over me? UGH - makes me sick to think about)

So anyway, the VERY FIRST thing I purchased after we broke up was a big ass Papasan chair...I used to call it my "independence chair" - but now we just call it "THE BOWL". It's fantastic when you're watching someone's baby and you need to put he/she down for a second and don't want to have to worry about them rolling off of anything...the BOWL is a good babysitter :)
So the bowl, it comes with a little stool for your feet. It's just a small round bamboo stool with a little round cushion on it. It's quite common for one of us to use it as a seat, if we have people over and have run out of seating....
Except that one time, I sat on it and it went CRUNCH! and I fell over.
I sat up and looked at my demolished little stool...of course I was completely embarrassed in front of my friends because my fat butt had BROKEN A BAMBOO STOOL (bamboo is supposed be really tough isn't it?? well it doesn't compete with MY ASS)
A couple of days later, hubster and I went to the store and bought another stool - and that was that...or so I thought...
About a week after that, I was in the kitchen cooking a healthy meal and telling hubster that I really needed to get onto a healthy eating plan because I had gained WAY too much "married weight" and I still couldn't believe that I had broken that stool in front of everyone.
Hubster looked at me very sheepishly and said "umm, well...you didn't exactly break the stool"
"what?" said I...
"umm, well...I sort of broke it...first"
-----and this is where I started screeching and running my words together saying "youmeanyouputthatstoolbackafteryoubrokeitKNOWINGitwasbrokenandyouletme
sitonitandembarrassthehellouttamyself...Ican'tbelieveyouwoulddothattomeyou
SUCKandyouknowpaybackisabeyotchandohIWILLgetyouback!

of course he apologized and apologized...but STILL! I was set-up! and cursing my own butt all that time, when it wasn't even MY butt that broke the darn thing...

So, when he thought he'd broken the toilet seat and yet didn't say anything - and waited for ME to discover it....I was definately reminded of the bamboo stool incident

and also reminded that I haven't necessarily gotten him back for that yet...

*insert evil laugh here..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, hubster would be a dead hubster if he'd set me up like that. FOCKER!