Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Behold the Pinz!

Last night, hubster and I had just finished dinner, when the phone rang. Hubster picked it up and even I...sitting way over on the couch....could hear alot of noise from the phone. I then hear my brother's voice shout "HEY! I'M COMIN OVER!"
hubster said "I can barely hear you!"
and my brother said "I KNOW! THAT'S WHY I'M SHOUTING! JUST WAIT...I'LL BE THERE IN A FEW MINUTES!"
So we're just sitting watching the news, and all of a sudden, we hear this rumble. I told Hubster to mute the TV, and the rumble gets louder and louder and it's pulling into our driveway. We come out of the house and see THIS: (on the right)


That would be a PINZGAUER - a swiss army vehicle from the 1970's...made by Mercedes Benz if you can believe it.


My brother has been wanting one forever...and finally found one for a good deal. It's one of only TWO in the entire county - ha!

It totally looks like a refrigerator on wheels...it's hysterical.

It carries 8 people in the back with 2 bench seats that go along the sides of the vehicle...except I rode back there, and you could probably fit alot more than 8 back there...here's a peak:


My brother was incredibly giddy and excited last night, as was hubster...new toy!


Of course the first thing we did was hop in for a spin around town...which was funny because see this?


These would be the controls...which are all in GERMAN...hee! It was kind of a "learn-as-you-go" process...

It's super loud - which explains the yelling...and there is a metal gate that seperates the front from the back, which kinda made me feel like a prisoner. There was a moment of me hanging on the gate and screeching like a monkey...but only a moment.

We got some LOOKS driving down the street in that thing - it was pretty darn funny. The top rolls up and latches to the frame...it's kinda like a old swiss version of a hummer.

And see this?


That steel rail means that this thing was built to go over anything and everything in it's path.

LOVE - IT

If there is ever a nuclear disaster in this town, we'll all be heading for my brother's...because who needs roads when you have a Pinzgauer?

He's so excited - and so are we because it's fun and hilarious to ride in...hehehe

Behold the Pinz!

1 comment:

rhiann carnated said...

someone in my neighborhood has one of those. they've been trying to sell it for months and my ex REALLY wanted it. I think it would have been kinda fun especially after seeing the inside but oh well :)