Monday, July 18, 2005

Jumpy

Last night, it was about 11:30pm and hubster and I were in bed talking when we heard two loud gunshots. We both stopped mid-sentence and looked at each other because I swear they sounded like they came from our backyard. Hubster turned the light off and we both stood on the bed and looked out the windows of our bedroom into our neighbor's yard. We couldn't see anything, so we laid back down and listened to see if we could hear sirens or a car leaving in a hurry or anything of that nature.
I was so on edge that every noise those cats made, I felt like crawling out of my skin and hiding under the bed.
Hubster and I got up and checked both doors and all the windows. It really freaked us out - mainly because it was so CLOSE.
I got up this morning and immediately drove around the neighborhood looking for yellow tape on someone's house...and yet, everything looked normal. I also checked the news and the paper this morning and couldn't find a darn thing. Must have been someone just messing around - but DARN if it didn't scare the crap out of me. We live in a really small town and a very quiet neighborhood. It's not normal to hear gunshots like that, especially gunshots that sound like they're coming from our own backyard.
I slept like CRAP - tossed and turned all night and swore that I kept hearing noises...
paranoid much?

No comments: