Wednesday, December 29, 2004

It's Survey time!

1. Name 4 famous people (authors, actors, whatever) living OR dead that you would like to invite to a dinner party. And the reasons why, too.
OKay - first I'd pick 2 authors, Jennifer Weiner and Laurie Notaro...because they CRACK ME UP. Next, I'd pick Harry Connick Jr. - because he's funny too...but also because he's yummy. Next would be Oprah...cause she's got the HOOK UP and I could meet all kinds of interesting people, since you know - we'd immediately be best friends and all.
(I know most people will be all "I would pick JESUS!" but I think that would make my other guests feel intimidated - ....and I wouldn't be able to gaze at Harry C. without feeling guilty - so that just won't work for me)

2. What is the most revolting food you have ever tasted?
Probably Liver...or no, actually..it was some sort of seafood thing that had tenticles on it (I double DOG dare you to eat that!)- and the little suckers kept sticking to my tongue...yeah, it was gross....I didn't actually eat it - I yarked that thing back on my plate faster than you could blink an eye

3. Name 5 things that you can see from wherever you currently are.
A Tree in front of our office building ~ A funeral being setup at the cemetary across the street ~ A group of daycare kids walking down the street with their teachers, all holding onto a rope so they don't go missing (CUTE!) ~ big, dark, gray clouds that look like they're going to DUMP rain any minute (hurry up kidlets!) ~ A cat in a field hunting for some lunch in the form of a cemetary gopher, a delicacy in these here parts...

4. If you could change anything about your body, what would it be?
I'm skipping this one because I don't wanna sound like a whiner and I'm trying to learn to love myself. hehe - in the words of Stuart Smalley "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!"
HEH

5. What music are you listening to lately?
hmmm, actually I've been listening to country on the radio at work (because our receptionist would always change the station, and now that she's gone - my boss and I can listen to whatever...) ~ also, I have the Garden State Soundtrack in my car which hubster HATES - but I love :) ~ and I'm always in the mood for my classic rock station, because Led Zeppelin rules...

6. What person are you currently impressed by?
There is a girl who's online journal I read - and her boyfriend is from India. They are currently packing their bags to head over to Asia and help out with the Tsunami crisis (they both emptied their savings to do so) and also to get in contact with some of his family members there who may or may not be okay. I'm very impressed by the fact that they both are dropping everything and taking ALL their money and going...that is way cool.

7. List off some Dream Careers that appealed to you, either growing up or nowadays.
I used to want to be a veterinarian - but then I found out how much school I'd have to take and literally said "heck with that" ~ otherwise, I want to be one of those traveling secret spies for hotels and restaurants ("pay me and I'll tell you how good your accomodations and employees are" type of thing) ~ OR - I think it would be fun to be the person in casting who picks all those nutbags who make it onto reality shows

8. Best flavor of popsicle ever?
I'd have to say those big stick ones (get your head outta the gutter, people..) that are red and yellow and I think cherry pineapple flavor? Those are YUM-MAY

9. Best song ever?
I LUUURVE "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" by the Temptations...and I'd have to say "Walkin on Sunshine" by Katrina and the waves is a great song too...

10. What celebrity have you been told you resemble?
HA! Okay, well...when I was little, I was told that I looked like a really young Jodi Foster (like from the movie Taxi) - but I think that's total crap because I don't think I look anything like her...I've also been told that I look like Sissy Spacek only with darker eyes...and I think that's probably only because we both have a wierd turned up nose...and recently I was told by a couple at the grocery store that I reminded them of Poppy Montgomery from Without A Trace (face only)...which I don't see the resemblence there either, but whatever...

11. Is anything annoying you right now?
I'm annoyed that it's cold in here and I can't find any space heaters and our stupid forced air heating has taken a dump....Also, that I'm the only one here at work and I'm lonely (sniff)

12. Tell me a random memory from your childhood.
I remember when my brother and I were little, we thought it would be way cool to dig our own pool in the backyard...so we dug and dug and dug...and ended up with just an itty bitty hole - just big enough for the two of us....and we got the brilliant idea to turn it into a HOT TUB, yeah, a HOT TUB! So we lined the hole with black trash bags - and I ran into the house and opened my parents bedroom window...my brother handed me the hose which I dragged across my parents bed and hooked up to the sink in their tiny bathroom sink and cranked on the hot water....yeah baby - it was sweet....a bit muddy perhaps - but we lounged in our hot tub until mom and dad walked into their bedroom and saw what we had done....they laughed their butts off - and then we got into trouble for getting dirt all over their bedspread....HEE! Ahhhh, those were the days....

13. Cats or dogs?
BOTH! Although we don't HAVE a dog - we have 3 cats of doom ~ but someday we'll get a dog :)

No comments: