There, I said it. I have DREADED this for some reason. Perhaps it's all the "boys are harder to train" and "boys take alot longer than girls" things I keep hearing from other mom's. There is a part of me that doesn't so much mind the diapers, because I can literally change him anywhere - and having to find a bathroom, not as convenient, you know? (except for those nasty 2 year old turds, good LORD the smell!)
BUT, as of last month, he officially hit 2 1/2 and he's telling me when he's wet or has "stinks", so I kinda feel like I won't know if he's actually ready until I at least try. I am completely against pushing him on this subject, if he's not ready, then he's not ready and we'll try again later - but I feel like I at least need to give it a shot.
Hubs and I picked these up over the weekend and I can't get over how stinking CUTE they are!
But seriously, what the HELL is this pocket for? a matchbox car? I've never understood this - anyone? anyone?
So here is my tentative plan thus far:
- Wait until I have 2 or 3 consective days where I know that I or hubs, preferably both - can be home all day
- Roll up living room rug and remove
- Close all doors to bedrooms - i.e. carpeted areas
- Put him in big boy chonies
- Proceed to take him potty every 15 minutes or half hour and see what happens...
- I don't really want to go the pull-up route except for bedtime, because knowing my kid, if it looks like a diaper, and feels like a diaper, he will pee in it and forget about the big boy potty thing...so I kinda feel like just putting him in big boy unders, and that way he'll feel the difference.